Wrandom
ramblings

Monday, March 14, 2005
  Brain Droppings
Okay George Carlin's people, please don't sue me.

In an effort to make with the content instead of this JUST being my daily rant on what a hard row our life has been like lately, I will proceed to lay some free writing on you people.

I made the promise to Leigh this morning that I wanted to stay at Ciba for the next three years at least and that's a promise I intend to keep inasmuch as anyone can keep such a promise. I really enjoy computers and all of the fun they bring and the people here are cool so it shouldn't be too hard.

The question I bring to any of you that are reading is, how do you make your job into a ministry? That's what I want to do here and it was something I struggled with forever before I left to go to the Children's Home.

I guess my thoughts on that run along the course of, you don't hide your faith under a bushel for one. I think everyone here knows I'm a Christian and hopefully it shows in my work ethic and the words that come out of my mouth. Now I'm not perfect and those words can be hurtful and that's something I'm working on. But that's something else that is important. I try and let people know that I don't expect them to be "perfect" and I try to not ever judge someone.

Also along those lines, there's a prayer group that meets here weekly and I think that starting/participating in such things is important. Having a faith community at work is really important. You need to find those believers that really try and live the faith. In America we have an abundant supply of Cultural Christians that have a thin veneer of religion. These may be babies in the faith or they may be paying lip service. Either way they won't help you grow. You need to find hard core brothers/sisters.

Of course none of this addresses how to approach others. Is that appropriate at work and how do you go about it? That's where the real struggle is. I don't want anyone to feel threatened, but at the same time I can't be scared to share my faith. Any suggestions you proud few?
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from capteucalyptus. Make your own badge here.