Wrandom
ramblings

Tuesday, May 24, 2005
  Christ
Having a bit of a lively discussion over here and I just don't understand folks that say, "Well I think Jesus was just a really cool guy." and leave it at that.

They can defend it all day by saying that the gospels aren't history and that historians can pick and choose which parts need to be excised in order to make it "real". This allows them great freedom to build a Jesus that suits them. Of course I'm certain that Christians are guilty of this same behavior. I just want to know the real Christ and I think he can be easily found in the Bible without changing a thing.

This is the Christ that challenges me.

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

"So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables."

"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day."

I just don't know why the apostles would make this up.
 
Comments:
Not only that, but why would they be willing to risk their lives? It makes no sense for the first Christians to stick to the faith unless it was real. They weren't making money on it, they weren't gaining power, they weren't GETTING anything, yet were risking EVERYTHING. If Jesus did not rise from the dead and appear to them, they had no reason to do what they did.
 
Oh there you are. I responded to your comment in my "Tired" post.
 
Interesting idea. I ond't know that I agree with all of them but thank you.

Now which Transformer are you again? (<---This is a joke.)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from capteucalyptus. Make your own badge here.