Wrandom
ramblings

Monday, July 25, 2005
  Le Weekend...
The missus and I went to see the Greensboro Grasshoppers play with a bunch of folks from work. It rained for the first hour we were there but people kept their spirits up and the game went on. In my case that was helped by a pint of Natty Greene's Buckshot Amber.

I spent Saturday with the kids and as a result I watched Finding Nemo two and a half times. The first while the kids napped, the half in the afternoon, and the second full time after they went to bed. The last time I watched the video commentary.

The amount of work that goes into Pixar's films is tremendous and it shows. I was blown away by the attention to every little detail and it totally pays off (not that this is news to anyone). To put that much love and creative energy into something is inspiring. I can't imagine being the director and keeping the energy level up for the five years or so it took to make this. Pixar does look like a most fun place to work and work they do. Can't wait to see Cars!

Sunday the boy and I went to Lowe's and Home Depot so I could look for Weed-Eater attachments. We laid out of church as we didn't want him to share his germs so the ladies went without us. It was good bonding time. That afternoon I spent four hours battling weeds at a guy's house. I went machete and weed eater and brought them mostly under submission. That evening we went to a cookout with our smallgroup and that night I slept WELL.

Tonight we go over to some friends and I will work on his PC while my family plays at their lake. I might have time to bottle my brew, I might not. If not tonight then tomorrow for sure.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from capteucalyptus. Make your own badge here.