Wrandom
ramblings

Monday, July 25, 2005
  Spiritual Day Planner...
Romans 15: 23But now that there is no more place for me to work in these regions, and since I have been longing for many years to see you, 24I plan to do so when I go to Spain. I hope to visit you while passing through and to have you assist me on my journey there, after I have enjoyed your company for a while. 25Now, however, I am on my way to Jerusalem in the service of the saints there. 26For Macedonia and Achaia were pleased to make a contribution for the poor among the saints in Jerusalem. 27They were pleased to do it, and indeed they owe it to them. For if the Gentiles have shared in the Jews' spiritual blessings, they owe it to the Jews to share with them their material blessings. 28So after I have completed this task and have made sure that they have received this fruit, I will go to Spain and visit you on the way.

This was the passage preached on yesterday. I missed it unfortunately but my wife pretty much filled me in. He focused on Paul’s plan to go to Spain and other tasks that he had. Paul planned out his trips in some detail apparently. Of course transport being what it was in the first century I could imagine how necessary it was to do so. Our pastors point was that Paul didn’t wait until the Spirit moved him.

So frequently as Christians we lay down the whole “God will open doors and close doors and I’ll just wait.” I think we need to make a plan, move forward, and God will do with it what He will. In short, we need to get off our bums and do something for the Kingdom.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from capteucalyptus. Make your own badge here.