Wrandom
ramblings

Tuesday, July 19, 2005
  What science doesn't know...
Virusdoc has posted the top 125 questions science hasn't answered yet. Run over there and check it out. Post your favorites over there (it's a fantastic blog) and then come back here and tell me.

Here are mine (I commented over there but if you're too lazy to click then you can at least see mine).

16. How Did Cooperative Behavior Evolve?
I love the assumption this makes. Remove the "How" and maybe that's real science.

94. Is morality hardwired into the brain?
I would argue yes but for wholly unscientific reasons.

100. What is a species?
"We don't know but we can tell you its origins."

I know that scientists have to seek purely objective, quantifiable answers and in the kind of science that would answer most of these questions, that works. I think it falls apart on questions like the above. Can we ever answer these kinds of questions?

 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from capteucalyptus. Make your own badge here.