Wrandom
ramblings

Thursday, July 13, 2006
  Fish Tacos...
Time to break in that new foodie icon f'realz. In a rush this morning due in part to a late morning gettin' up, a daughter who wanted to pick her dad some flowers, and helping a friend with a ride I left my sack lunch at home. A shame too because it was a really nice BBQ glazed chicken breast sammich. So I decided rather than suffer I would go out to lunch. This doesn't happen very often mind you and should be a reason for celebration. In this case it was.

I heart Moe's in a major way. If you have one near you then you probably Moe... uh know about how good they are. If you don't they are similar to a Qdoba or a Chipotle. If you (you sad, sad soul you) are unfamiliar with those then suffice to say they do southwestern style food in a casual dining (slow, fast food) atmosphere. At Moe's you are greeted with a hearty "Welcome to Moe's!!" from the staff and the scent of cilantro/grilled meat/frying tortillas.

I usually opt for either a Homewrecker (head sized burrito w/ rice, beans, choice of protein, shredded cheese, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, and lettuce) or a Close Talker (taco salad with lettuce, beans, cucumbers, salsa, shredded cheese, black olives with choice of protein) and the protein is almost always beef, but I've been known to do it up with tofu. Today I saw a new menu item, the above mentioned tacos.

They serve it up in a double white corn tortilla with slaw and pico. The fish is grilled with a bit of spice. And this pooor little tortilla is CRAMMED let me tell you. The slaw is tangy and I'm guessing made with their chipotle ranch dressing and maybe some vinegar. It was a lovely experience and yet another reason why Moe rocks it hard. Go get you some!
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from capteucalyptus. Make your own badge here.